MS Team Technical Support
If you have experienced issues with joining calls for one of our programme or being disconnected from of calls or unable to re-join the main session after breakouts, please see below for a list of possible resolutions.
- Ensure you are using the most up to date version of Microsoft Teams – make sure you have installed any updates. You may need to speak to your organisations IT team to run these updates if you are unable to do this yourself.
- Try accessing through the web browser rather than the Microsoft Teams app. These can include Google Chrome Browser
- Sign out and Sign Back into the NHS England (guest) account.
- Press Ctrl Alt Del at the same time to enter task manager, click Microsoft Teams, end task, re open Microsoft Teams and then attempt to join your breakout room.
- Try restarting your device.
Solution 2 – Power Cycle Your Device
It may be a problem with your network. Power cycling your devices will refresh your connection.
- Close the Microsoft Teams app and turn off your computer..
- Launch the Microsoft Teams app and try again.
Solution 3 – Clear the Microsoft Teams Cache
How to Clear Microsoft Teams Cache on Windows 10 PC
- Make sure to completely close the Microsoft Teams app.
- Launch the Run dialog box.
- Type %appdata% and hit OK.
- Look for Microsoft Teams.
- Select the Cache folder.
- Delete all the files.
- Then, try to re-open Microsoft Teams
Clear Microsoft Teams Cache on a Mac Computer
- Quit / Close the Microsoft Teams app.
- Launch Finder and click Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter this file path into the Go to Folder search box: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft
- Then, right-click on the Teams folder, and select Move to Trash.
- Relaunch Microsoft Teams
Please note that you will need sign in again to your account upon launching the Microsoft Teams app
Solution 4 – Update Your Microsoft Teams App
- On your Microsoft Teams app, click your profile picture.
- Scroll down and select Check for updates.
- If there are available updates, install them.
- Restart your Microsoft Teams app
Solution 5 – Use the Microsoft Teams Web
If you are using the desktop client, on your PC or Mac you might want to try using the web application.
- On your browser, go to the link for the channel.
- Log in to your account.
- Now, try joining a meeting.
Solution for Mic and Camera Solution
- Click the Windows Start button > select Settings > Privacy > Microphone, and make sure to turn on Allow apps to access your microphone. Then you can open Microsoft teams and click Settings > Devices to check if your microphone is available now
Microsoft Teams Camera greyed out or not working.
If the camera is greyed out when using Microsoft Teams, follow these suggestions to resolve the issue
- Choose camera from Settings
- Verify the camera
- Allow access to the camera on your PC
- Allow apps to access the camera