Profile System User Guide
NHS Leadership Academy Profile System
The following user guide walks through steps on registration, login, programmes and profile areas in the Profile system.
Once you have an account, you will be able to apply and access for the different programmers offered by the NHS Leadership Academy.
Sections in this guide:
- Login in to your profile
- Forgotten Academy ID or Password
- Still having trouble logging in?
- Academy Profile Homepage
- Academy Profile Edit
- My Cohorts
- Visit the Profile home page, if you are a new user and would like to create an account
- Click on the 'Register' link to create a profile as shown in figure 1.
Click on the 'Register' (as seen in Figure 2.) button to create an Academy profile.
4. Once you have registered for an account with us, you will get a success screen as seen below
and a verification email (as seen in Figure 3) on your email ID. Click on the 'Verify Your Account' button to verify your email address.
5. You should now receive a "Welcome" email (as seen in Figure 4) that also contains your 10-digit Academy ID to be used for application and access to other Leadership programmes.
5. In order to login to your profile, please visit the Profile home page and click on the Login link (as seen in Figure 5) OR from the top-menu.
6. The next screen will prompt you to enter your 10-digit Academy ID and Password > Click 'Login' button once you have entered these details. See Figure 6.
6. If you have entered the right details, you should be able to successfully login to your Profile account.
7. If you have forgotten your 10-digit Academy ID or password, they can be found out from the Login screen when you hit the 'Reset password' button. Click on the 'Reset Password' button. See Figure 7
8. Enter your registered Email Address and Click on the 'Reset Password' button to get the email with link to change password that also contains your 10-digit Academy ID username. See Figure 8.
9.Once clicked on the Reset password and if you have a registered email address with us, you will get an email notification (See Figure 9) on your registered email address that contains a change password link.
10. The Password change email will contain your 10-digit Academy ID (as highlighted in the red box in Figure 10). Click on the 'Change Password' button or copy paste the link from the email in a browser to take you to the Password Reset screen. .
11. Enter a password of your choice in 'New password' and 'Confirm Password' text boxes; Click on 'Change Password'. See Figure 11.
12. You will then see a "Your password has been successfully changed" message and can click on the "Login page" link to go back to the Login screen. See Figure 12.
13. If you still have trouble logging in or do not remember your registered email address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who can help you provide these details.
14. If you have entered your correct credentials, you will be able to see your Academy Profile Home page. See Figure 13.
You can see your 10-digit Academy ID at the top right corner and the email address you're logged in with on the home page
15. You would be able to edit your profile details by clicking on ' View Academy Profile' link from home page OR by clicking on 'Profile' option from the top menu (as seen in Figure 13).
16. Your profile is divided into various sections (like Personal Details, Email update, Home address, Employment details, Demographics information), each with an 'Edit' button. See Figure 14
17. When clicked on 'Edit' from the previous step, you would now be able to change or update your details. Additional fields like email address can be changed by clicking on 'Change' link as show in Figure 15 below.
18. You would be able to edit and fill in the details and click on 'Submit'. See Figure 16.
19. To view existing programmes that are freely accessible, click on ' Programmes' option from top menu.
20. In the below Figure 17, Healthcare Leadership Model (HLM) programme is freely available to apply for by completing few missing details.
As per programme requirements, the missing bits that are required to be completed can be filled by clicking on 'Complete missing' link.
21. Once applied to the programme with all the missing details provided, the link to the programme will change to 'Access' as shown in Figure 18 which when clicked, will take you to the respective programme site.
(in case of HLM, it will take you to HLM self-assessment tool site)
This section (launched September 2022) will show you any recent and upcoming cohorts you have been enrolled into on the Profile system.
22. Click on the My Cohorts menu item. Note there's a 'What are these?' section which gives you some details about this screen.
23. If applicable: Cohorts may have an enrolment key and access link attached to them. Please note that you can see the cohort from when you're placed into it on the Profile system, but the enrolment link and key to allow you access to your Virtual Campus will only be shown from the cohort Start Date displayed. On launch date, copy the key and use the 'Access' link to find your Virtual Campus (VC) area where you will need to paste the key in.
24. If any of the details aren't as you expect or you have any concerns or questions, please contact your programme lead or the Leadership Academy Support Team.
25. As per the 'What are these?' text, you may not see all of your historical cohorts for example if you've used the now retired Leadership Academy NHSx system. (Please note this NHSx is not related to the organisation NHSX which is now part of the NHS Transformation directorate).
27. You can Logout from Academy Profile account by clicking on 'Logout' from the menu bar.
This will take you again to the Login page.
See Figure 22.